If you consider joining a clinical trial, you will meet several people who will guide you before and during participation. Last month, we introduced the clinical trial coordinator. This month, we continue our series highlighting the principal investigator, also called the clinical investigator. This person is responsible for the overall management of the trial.
Visit the links below to learn more about clinical trial principal investigators.
Introduction to the Research Team
- Johns Hopkins: Clinical Research Team Members and Their Roles
- Amgen: What is a Principal Investigator?
- Proxima Clinical Research: The Clinical Investigator’s Responsibilities
- Meridian Clinical Research: What is the Role of a Principal Investigator in a Clinical Trial?
- Precision Health (Video): The Clinical Trial’s Principal Investigator and Sponsor
Last Modified on June 1, 2023