There’s often a lot of information to review when you are considering whether to enroll in a clinical trial. One of the most important is the phase of the clinical trial. Knowing the phase will give you insight into the focus of the trial: safety and dosage, effectiveness and short- and long-term side effects.
Learn more about the phases of a clinical trial in these articles:
Metastatic Trial Search tip: You can search by trial phase on Metastatic Trial Search
- National Cancer Institute (Video): What Are Clinical Trial Phases?
- BreastCancerTrials.org: About Treatment Trials
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN): Phases of Clinical Trials
- Young Survival Coalition (YSC): Clinical Trials for MBC
- Friends of Cancer Research (FOCR): Clinical Trial Phases
- Breastcancer.org: Phases of Clinical Trials
- Susan G. Komen®: Clinical Trials
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer (LBBC): Clinical Trials