The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted every aspect of the clinical trial process. However, it has also brought opportunities to modernize clinical trials. Read below to understand the concepts of clinical trial modernization, including issues around clinical trial diversity, decentralization, and real-world data collection.
Concepts of Clinical Trial Modernization
- OncLive: Modernized Clinical Trials Include Diverse Representation, Decentralization, and Real-World Data in Post–COVID-19 Era (from 2021 AACR)
- Our MBC LIfe: Clinical Trials, Part 2: How Research Processes Were Impacted by COVID-19
Diverse Representation in Clinical Trials
- MBC Alliance: BECOME: Black Experience of Clinical Trials and Opportunities for Meaningful Engagement
- Metastatic Trial Talk: The Lack of Diversity in Clinical Trials
- Pfizer: Diversity in Clinical Trials: Why It’s Important
What is Decentralization of Clinical Trials?
- ADVARRA: Defining Decentralized Clinical Trials and Understanding Their Nuances
- Informa Connect: How COVID-19 Increased Decentralized Clinical Trial Adoption
- Bristol-Myers Squibb: Five Facts About Real-World Data
- ACRP: How Can Real-World Data Support Clinical Trials and Medical Research?