The lack of diversity in clinical trials continues to draw attention and concern.
Below you will find a recent analysis by journalists that found African Americans and Native Americans are under-represented in clinical trials of new drugs in the U.S., even for types of cancers that disproportionately affects them. There is also an article that looks at the global nature of this problem. Lastly, you’ll find a link to a campaign to increase diversity in clinical trials.
- National Cancer Institude: Oncotype DX Breast Cancer Test May Be Less Accurate for Black Patients
- Diverse Health Hub: Diversity in Clinical Trials Benefits Everyone
- ProPublica Analysis: Black Patients Miss Out on Promising Cancer Drugs
- Nature: When Will Clinical Trials Reflect Diversity?
- Campaign Video: I’m In: Enhancing Diversity in Clinical Trials
Last Modified on March 2, 2021