Social media and the internet are filled with stories of people living with breast cancer including MBC. Careful selection of what social media has to offer can lead to the best experience.
Read below to understand more about how to take advantage of what social media has to offer about living with cancer, including where to find support on social media. In addition, some clinical trials are assessing online, video, and mobile resources as a source of support.
Using Social Media for Support
- ASCO: How to avoid comparing yourself to others on social media when living with cancer
- ASCO: Social media can provide support when living with cancer
- ASCO: Advice on how to select an online cancer support community
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer: Living Beyond Breast Cancer provides support for people living with MBC through blogging, social media, and advocacy
MBC Clinical Trials
- Metastatic Trial Search: Trials for Support/Education