Because radiation therapy is a standard treatment option for people with brain mets, it is helpful to know what side effects you might experience during and after your treatment. Short and long-term side effects can include fatigue, hair loss, and neurological symptoms.
Please keep reading to learn about these and other side effects, why you might experience a specific side effect, and how medications, diet, and lifestyle changes may help manage your symptoms.
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center: Radiation Therapy to the Brain
- OncoLink: Possible Side Effects of Radiation Treatment for Brain Tumors
Clinical Trials for Breast Cancer Brain Mets
- Metastatic Trial Search: Breast Cancer Brain Metastasis
- Metastatic Trial Search: Brain Metastasis (Includes non-breast cancer-specific trials.)
- Storm Riders Network: Brain Metastasis (Includes non-breast cancer-specific and international trials.)
Last Modified on April 5, 2021