Patients attend medical conferences to network with other patients, learn about cutting-edge research, and participate in ways that allow the patient voice to be heard and counted. Patient advocates can also present their work at conferences.
Click the links below for more information about why to attend a conference and how patients can understand and contribute to scientific presentations.
Patient Attendance at Scientific Meetings
- GRASP: Guiding Researchers and Advocates to Scientific Partnerships
- Medivizor: Why Should Patients Attend Healthcare Conferences?
- Journal Article: Make Scientific Meetings a Welcoming Place for Patient Partners
Patient Participation in the Scientific Process
- National Breast Cancer Coalition: Project LEADÂ
- CureToday:Â Patient With Metastatic Breast Cancer Recalls Witness of Data Leading to Enhertu Approval in HER2-Low Disease
- Susan G. Komen: Advocates in Science (AIS) Program
- The MAP Newsletter: Patient Authorship on Scientific Presentations
Last Modified on August 24, 2022