MBC is sometimes detected in pregnant women. Breast cancer does not pass to the unborn baby and does not harm the baby. There is no standard of care recommended for pregnant women with MBC, although you can still receive treatment during pregnancy. However, radiation and chemotherapy are typically not used within the first 3 months of pregnancy, and hormone therapy and trastuzumab are typically not used throughout pregnancy.
Read below for more understanding about cancer treatment during pregnancy and personal stories about women diagnosed with MBC while pregnant.
General Information About Pregnancy And Breast Cancer
- WedMD Breast Cancer During Pregnancy
- American Cancer Society Treating Breast Cancer During Pregnancy
- National Cancer Institute Breast Cancer Treatment During Pregnancy
Research About Breast Cancer Treatment During Pregnancy
- Journal article Trastuzumab Administration During Pregnancy
- Journal article Cancer During Pregnancy: A Review
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Young Mom with Metastatic Breast Cancer Fights for Other Patients
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation Diagnosed With Metastatic Breast Cancer While Pregnant
- Good Housekeeping Magazine I Was Diagnosed With Stage 4 Cancer While I Was Pregnant