MBC is sometimes detected in pregnant women. Breast cancer does not pass to the unborn baby and does not harm the baby. There is no standard of care recommended for pregnant women with MBC, although you can still receive treatment during pregnancy. However, radiation and chemotherapy are typically not used within the first 3 months of pregnancy, and hormone therapy and trastuzumab are typically not used throughout pregnancy.
Read below for more understanding about cancer treatment during pregnancy and personal stories about women diagnosed with MBC while pregnant.
General Information About Pregnancy And Breast Cancer
- WedMDÂ Breast Cancer During Pregnancy
- American Cancer SocietyÂ Treating Breast Cancer During Pregnancy
- National Cancer InstituteÂ Breast Cancer Treatment During Pregnancy
Research About Breast Cancer Treatment During Pregnancy
- Journal articleÂ Trastuzumab Administration During Pregnancy
- Journal articleÂ Cancer During Pregnancy: A Review
- Dana-Farber Cancer InstituteÂ Young Mom with Metastatic Breast Cancer Fights for Other Patients
- Breast Cancer Research FoundationÂ Diagnosed With Metastatic Breast Cancer While Pregnant
- Good Housekeeping MagazineÂ I Was Diagnosed With Stage 4 Cancer While I Was Pregnant