Staying informed on current research can help you learn about the most up-to-date options for cancer management, make informed decisions, and gain control over your cancer care.
However, articles from medical and research journals are not written in lay language and are often hard to understand. Fortunately, breast cancer advocacy organizations provide regularly updated summaries of breast cancer research in patient-friendly language. Below we highlight a few of these patient-facing publications.
- Metastatic Trial Talk provides carefully selected news and information about metastatic breast cancer research and clinical trials.
- Breastcancer.org: Research News summarizes the latest breast cancer studies, including research on treatment, follow-up care, general health, and lifestyle.
- Lobular Breast Cancer Coalition provides information on lobular breast cancer research (videos and podcasts).
Breast and Other Cancers
- FORCE (Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered) provides information on research about inherited cancers, which includes BRCA1/2-inherited breast cancer and others.
- Cancer Today provides research updates and inspiration about the challenges of a cancer diagnosis, treatment, and caregiving.