â€œComorbiditiesâ€ are other medical or health conditions you have in addition to breast cancer, such as high blood pressure or diabetes. Some health conditions are caused by or worsened by breast cancer treatments. In addition, some health problems are developed independently of breast cancer, especially as you age.
Read below to learn about managing comorbidities while living with MBC and clinical trials that study comorbidities in people with MBC.
- Cancer Network: Preventing and Treating Cardiotoxicity in People With Breast Cancer
- OncLive (Video): Adherence to Cardiovascular Medication in Breast Cancer
- Breastcancer.org: Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, and Osteoporosis in Women Treated for Breast Cancer
- Breastcancer.org: Breast Cancer Treatment and Lung Problems
Diabetes/High Blood Sugar
- Journal Article: The Impact of Diabetes on Breast Cancer Treatments and Outcomes
- Breastcancer.org: Obesity and MBC
- City of Hope (Scroll to â€œAffecting Diagnosis and Treatmentâ€): Obesity and Cancer Treatment
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO): Should Body Mass Index Guide the Choice of Chemotherapy in Patients With Breast Cancer?
MBC Clinical Trials on Metastatic Trial Search
- Trials for Heart Problems
- Trials for Diabetes/High Blood Sugar
- Trials for Obesity/High BMI
- Trials for Fatigue
- Trials for Pain
- Trials for Cognitive Problems
- Trials for Anxiety
- Trials for Depression