Inflammatory breast cancer is rare, making up only 1-5% of cases of breast cancer in the US. Inflammatory breast cancer does not always involve a lump, and instead, the breast often appears red or swollen. This type of breast cancer advances quickly, is often diagnosed as stage III or IV, and requires aggressive treatment right away.
Read below to learn more about inflammatory breast cancer and its treatments.Â
- Inflammatory Breast Cancer Research Foundation:Â Inflammatory Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- The American Cancer Society: Treatment of Inflammatory Breast Cancer
- MD Anderson: Inflammatory Breast Cancer Treatment
- ASCO: Breast Cancer – Inflammatory: Types of Treatment
- BreastCancerTrials.org: Trials specifically for inflammatory breast cancer
- Metastatic Trial Search:Â Trials that Include inflammatory breast cancer