Some treatments you receive through a clinical trial may be covered. Others will be the responsibility of you and your insurer. Before you enter a clinical trial, it is important to know what to expect financially.
Below you will find links to videos, websites, and publications that can help you understand what your insurance will cover, what questions to ask to reduce financial surprises, and how to contact organizations that provide financial assistance to help cancer patients interested in a clinical trial.
- NCI: Paying for Clinical Trials
- NCI: Insurance Coverage and Clinical Trials
- Patient Empowerment Network: Clinical Trial Financial Assistance
- ASCO: Insurance Coverage of Clinical Trials
- CancerCare: Understanding Your Insurance Coverage
- Lazarex: Assistance with additional costs for clinical trial participation
Last Modified on February 8, 2021