Whether you were diagnosed with MBC de novo or have experienced a metastatic recurrence, a second opinion can help you learn more about your treatment options as well as make you more confident about the treatment plan you choose.
Below you can find articles that can help you think about when and how to get a second opinion. We’ve also included links to NCI-Designated Cancer Centers and NCI Community Oncology Research Programs. Centers included on these lists will offer a range of clinical trials.
- American Cancer Society (ACS): Seeking a Second Opinion
- CancerCare®: When to Get a Second Opinion
- WebMD: How to Ask for a Second Opinion
- U.S. National Library of Medicine: Your Cancer Diagnosis: Do You Need a Second Opinion?
- National Cancer Institute (NCI): NCI-Designated Cancer Centers
- National Cancer Institute (NCI): NCI Community Oncology Research Program
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer (LBBC): Ask the Expert with William Gradishar, MD: “Second Opinions and Metastatic Breast Cancer”
- The Second Opinion: Thesecondopinion.org
Last Modified on January 26, 2021