The terms genetic testing and genomic testing are often used in articles about cancer research. They sound similar, but they are not the same.
Below are a collection of articles and one video that can help you understand the differences between genetic testing, which refers to the genes you have inherited, and genomic testing, which refers to the testing of the tumor.
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA): What’s the Difference? Genetics vs. Genomics
- Washington’s Top News (WTOP): What’s the Difference Between Genetic Testing and Genomic Testing?
- JAMA Network: Genomic Medicine
- The Academy of Oncology Nurse & Patient Navigators: Genetic vs. Genomic Testing
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer (LBBC): Precision Medicine: Decode Your Cancer (Podcast)
- Metastatic Trial Search: Find metastatic breast cancer trials with genetic and genomic testing
Last Modified on February 23, 2021