Your estrogen receptor (ER) status can be found on your pathology report and is shown as a percentage. Breast cancer tumors with 1-10% of cells that are ER positive are called â€œER lowâ€. Whether ER low tumors respond well to hormone therapy and how long treatment should be given are currently unclear and being studied in clinical trials.
Visit the links below to learn more about ER low breast cancer.
ER Low Breast Cancer
- OncLive: Breast Cancer Guidelines for Low ER Expressing Breast Cancer
- Journal Article (Guidelines): Estrogen and Progesterone Receptor Testing in Breast Cancer
- Medicine Matters: Optimizing Treatment Duration for ER Low Breast Cancer
- Dr. Jennifer Griggs (Video): How to Treat Estrogen Receptor Low Breast Cancer
- Center for Restorative Breast Surgery: ER Low Breast Cancer Behavior and Treatment
MBC Clinical Trials
- Metastatic Trial Search: Trials for ER Low MBC
Last Modified on July 3, 2023