A biosimilar drug is a treatment that is highly similar to and that has the same efficacy as an approved biologic medicine. To date, one biologic has been approved for breast cancer care. More are expected.
Below you will find a podcast, video and article that can help you understand what biosimilar drugs are, how they are prescribed, and why they have the potential to decrease the cost of cancer treatments.
- STAT Video: What is a Biosimilar? NEW
- Research Advocacy Network: Tutorial: Introduction to Biosimilar Medicines NEW
- Podcast: Biosimilars: What are they and what are there advantages?
- Video: Why are Biosimilars Important?
- National Cancer Institute: Biosimilars for Cancer Emerge
Last Modified on February 10, 2021