In June, Living Beyond Breast Cancer (LBBC) held its Annual Conference on Metastatic Breast Cancer. Due to COVID-19 the event was held virtually.
You can watch all of the available sessions from LBBC’s conference here. We preview the content of research-based presentations below.
- Treating Metastatic Breast Cancer: The Promise of Precision Medicine Lisa A. Carey, MD, FASCO, and Nick Wagle, MD, discuss precision medicine – finding the right drug, for the right patient, and the right time. Listen or watch for the latest on genomic testing in metastatic breast cancer.
- Treating Bone Mets Hear from Adam Brufsky, MD, PhD, about the role of bisphosphonates, bone-building and protecting medicines given to people with bone metastases. Topics discussed include preventing bone loss, pain, and fractures, side effects of bisphosphonates, and more.
- Treating Brain Mets Experts Christina Irene Tsien, MD, FRCP and Alexandra S. Zimmer, MD, discuss the current treatment options for brain metastases, how treatment plans are determined, what current clinical trials are studying, and how brain mets impact eligibility in clinical trials.
- Medical Update: HER2-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer Reshma Mahatni, DO, presents on the latest targeted therapies for HER2-positive MBC, and gives overviews of the DESTINY-Breast01 and HER2CLIMB trials and their impact on treatment standards.
- Medical Update: Hormone Receptor-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer Stephanie Graff, MD, FACP, discusses the latest on CDK4/6 inhibitors for hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer and gives updates on targeted therapies in the pipeline, like PI3 kinase inhibitors, AKT inhibitors and SERDs.
- Medical Update: Triple-Negative Metastatic Breast Cancer Rita Nanda, MD, gives an overview of triple-negtive breast cancer, the current standard treatments for metastatic TNBC, the two major clinical trials that led to approval of the checkpoint inhibitors for PD-1 and PD-L1, and more.
Tags:LBBC MBC Conferences