COVID-19 is changing all aspects of breast cancer care, but sharing personal stories can help us stay connected. It’s important to hear the perspectives of individuals to get a complete understanding of how the pandemic has impacted breast cancer care. These stories can also give us new hope and inspiration as COVID continues to affect our daily lives.
The personal stories below illustrate the many ways that COVID can impact life for people with metastatic breast cancer, as well as also show us new ways to think about the pandemic. These stories allow for us to relate to and learn from one another during this difficult time.
COVID’s Effect on Breast Cancer Treatment
- Has COVID-19 Impacted Your Access to Cancer Care? Cancer Support Community gives readers an opportunity to share their experience with cancer care during the pandemic.
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer shares two stories of postponing and receiving cancer treatment amidst COVID-19:
- Breast cancer patient describes clinical trial experience during COVID-19 In a video from the MD Anderson Cancer Center, one woman shares her experience navigating clinical trials.
- COVID-19 and Metastatic Breast Cancer In a podcast from Breastcancer.org, the president of the Metastatic Breast Cancer Network shares her cancer experience during COVID.
- Pandemic Story: Metastatic Breast Cancer and COVID-19 From thinkWY.org, one woman discusses how the pandemic has affected her metastatic breast cancer treatment.
Hope and Inspiration
- I’m a Therapist Who Had Breast Cancer During COVID-19. Here’s What I Learned About Coping At Prevention, a therapist describes her experience being diagnosed with breast cancer during the pandemic.
- CURE Magazine highlights two stories of people with metastatic breast cancer reflecting on how their diagnoses have affected their perspectives on the pandemic:
- The Stand Up to Cancer Blog has a series of inspirational interviews of people with cancer. These three interviews discuss how cancer has changed the way people view COVID-19.
- Coronavirus and Breast Cancer The Young Survival Coalition has a collection of photos and personal stories illustrating the intersection of COVID and breast cancer.
- Paskett: A three-time cancer survivor should not get COVID-19, but I did The Cancer Letter posted a personal story about the COVID experiences of a breast cancer survivor.
For all COVID-19 related information, visit the COVID-19 & Cancer main page.
For resources and support for managing metastatic breast cancer care, visit our Resources & Support page.
Last Modified on May 3, 2021