Pain is a common side effect of cancer and its treatments. Studies have found that about 80% of cancer patients with metastatic cancer will at some point begin having moderate to severe pain.
Below are a collection of articles and videos that provide support, information and resources on managing cancer pain. We’ve also included specific information about managing the joint and muscle pain common in people taking an aromatase inhibitor as well as a guide for those considering use of medical marijuana to manage their pain.
- Susan G. Komen: Pain Management Related to Metastatic Breast Cancer
- MBCInfoCenterSM: MBC Info Center: Managing Pain
- Recovery Room (Facebook Video): Reducing Pain From Aromatase Inhibitors
- Cancer Care: MBC: Pain and Symptom Management
- Breastcancer.org: Medical Marijuana for Pain Management
Last Modified on February 16, 2021