The San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium was held December 6-10, 2022 virtually and in San Antonio, Texas. Read below for MBC research updates from this meeting.
In addition, the Black Wo(Men) Speak Symposium was held in conjunction with SABCS 2022. This symposium, which was a follow-up to the Metastatic Breast Cancer Alliance’s BECOME project and similar efforts from other groups, discussed the urgent need for greater diversity in clinical trials by presenting results from recent surveys. The goal of this collaborative effort is to break down barriers to clinical trial participation, increase trust in the healthcare system, and ensure access to clinical trials. A summary and other information covered in this symposium is expected in early 2023. Watch for links to this information in a future issue of Metastatic Trial Talk.
MBC Research Updates from SABCS 2022
Overview of Emerging Treatments for MBC
- MedPage Today: Emerging Therapies in MBC
- Oncology Data Advisor: Highlights from the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
- Healio (Podcast): Highlights from SABCS 2022
Trastuzumab Deruxtecan (Enhertu®) for HER2-Low and HER2-Positive MBC
- Fierce Pharma: Enhertu Data Reported at SABCS 2022
- Healio: Trastuzumab Deruxtecan for HER2+ MBC
- MedPage Today: Trastuzumab Deruxtecan for HER2-Positive MBC
- Patient Power: What Have We Learned About HER2-Low Breast Cancer?
- Current clinical trials: MBC Trials for Trastuzumab Deruxtecan (Enhertu®)
Â Sacituzumab Govitecan (Trodelvy®) in HR+, HER2- MBC
- OncLive: Sacituzumab Govitecan in HR+/HER2- MBC
- Current clinical trials: MBC Trials for Sacituzumab Govitecan (Trodelvy®)
Â Antibody-Drug Conjugates
- Patient Power (Article and Video): 2022 SABCS: Antibody-Drug Conjugates for HER2+ MBC
- Current clinical trials: MBC Trials for Antibody-Drug Conjugates
Â Tumor Cells Found in Blood for Treatment Selection
- OncLive: Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs) to Select Treatment in MBC
- Current clinical trials: MBC Trials for CTCs