ASCO, ESMO and More
Many early 2020 conferences were cancelled or postponed due to COVID-19. However, two of the largest annual conferences proceeded and were held online in late May.
Below, you’ll find links covering some of the latest research coming out of ASCO20 Virtual, the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s 2020 annual meeting and ESMO Breast Cancer 2020, the European Society for Medical Oncology’s annual meeting.
Plus, online learning opportunities are still being created by nonprofit, academic, and governmental organizations focused on breast cancer care. Below, listen to experts from the Dana Farber Cancer Institute discuss what’s new in metastatic breast cancer treatments and research, read about how to build better relationships with your doctors, and hear how the leader of the Breast Cancer Research Consortium thinks research will grow and change.
EMSO 2020 (European Society for Medical Oncology)
ASCO 2020 (American Society of Clinical Oncology)
- The ASCO Post: Early Local Therapy Did Not Extend Survival in Patients With Newly Diagnosed Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer: New data from HER2CLIMB shows tucatinib prevents progression of brain metastases
- Breastcancer.org: Experimental Pyrotinib and Xeloda Regimen Better Than Tykerb and Xeloda for Metastatic HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- MEDPAGE TODAY: Pembrolizumab May Help in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
Online Learning Opportunities
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Podcast): Cancer Conversations Podcast: What’s New in Breast Cancer Treatments and Research
- Share Cancer Support: Building Better Patient-Provider Relationships
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation: Investigating Breast Cancer: A Cross-Discipinary Approach (AUDIO)